Friday, January 7, 2011

Kersey's walk

This afternoon I didn't have time to ride but I did have time to take Kersey for a walk.
Ready to go!

We came across two families out for a walk as well.  There was a truckload of kids, one horse, two old dogs, and some parents thrown in for good measure.  We said hello and they fussed over Kersey, especially the kids.  Kids and puppies... they just go together.






Then we met some new neighbors.  They just moved in a week or so ago and they have horses.  We are thrilled!  The owner and her trainer happened to be out hand grazing one of the horses so we walked over to say hello and welcome them to the community.  There are three horses: one is 32, one is 28, and the one is a a beautiful grey arabian, 10 years old.  She does dressage and trail riding.  Yes!!!  Another dressage person in our community, finally!  I was going to take a picture but didn't want them to think I was a weird stalker person so I refrained. 
When we got to the pond, I took Kersey off lead and she bolted for the water.
She found an old flip flop.

When she was done swimming we continued around the pond.




Dinner was simple tonight.  I picked some lettuce and thinned the beets.
I roasted the beets and some potatoes and tossed them with walnuts, blue cheese and dried cranberries.  I used raspberry vinegar in the dressing to compliment the sweetness of the beets.

Then I sauteed a steak, and put slices on top.  We ate the salad with warm pita bread brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with fleur de sel.  We washed it all down with a good bottle of cabernet from Argentina.

3 comments:

  1. You're killing me - that meal looks sooo good! Love all of it.
    Kersey has to be one of the cutest dogs / pups in blogger land! The picture of her among the grasses in the pond is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet pics of your beautiful white labrador doggy...WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

    oh, i read about the stomach problems of Jackson...I hope everything resolves well and I wish him certainly a very quick recovery!!!!!

    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you have a garden in January! Have some fresh greens for me :)

    Kersey is a doll!! Sounds like you had a really lovely time out together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!