Many thanks to Calm, Forward, Straight for this award. It's my first! Woo-hoo! Please check out her blog if you haven't already - she's one that I regularly follow and enjoy.
So, there are 4 duties to perform to receive this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Seven things about myself.... this may be a challenge...
1. I'm 50-ish. Some days my body feels 70-ish but inside I still feel 19.
2. I'm fortunate to be married to the love of my life -- the guy I fell in love with when I was 19 but didn't get to marry until I was 40. Long story with a happy ending.
3. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a novelist or a horse trainer when I grew up. Between the blog and Jackson, I'm doing both. The day job... pays for the horse but not part of the dream.
4. I'm secretly French. I don't have a drop of French blood in my veins but I love the culture, the food, the wine, and the people. One of my very closest friends is French. I want to eat baguettes and croissants and be stylishly thin.
5. I have no self control when shopping at a nursery or a tack store. My two favorite places to be are in the barn or in my garden.
6. I love to cook but only when I have someone to cook for. If I lived alone, I would eat cereal and popcorn. I am fortunate to have a husband and kids who love to eat and don't mind being culinary guinea pigs.
7. I hate writing about myself. I like writing about my world. Phew! Done!
I think most of the blogs I follow have already been nominated so I'm going to have trouble with this last requirement. The blogs I follow and truly enjoy -- eagerly reading their posts -- and that have not already been selected are (in no particular order):
A Glowing Ember
Just Another Day on the Prairie
The Skoog Farm Journal
Spring Creek Basin Weblog
Life at the Rough String
The 7MSN Ranch
Doll's House Days
Signing off... gotta go notify my nominees.