Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Getting the Stink Eye

Winston has perfected the stink eye.  This afternoon I lunged him and he was not thrilled.  He started out lazy and listless.



We picked up the trot and then the canter.  We worked on prompt, obedient (haha) transitions.  He was much better than last time with the transitions, smoothly stepping into canter from my voice. 


Then he started transitioning back to trot after barely one 20m circle.  I told him to keep going in canter and to make it a nice forward canter.  He gave me the stink eye, bucked, kicked and took off hell-for-leather.  I got a forward canter alright.  I kept him going until he was relaxed, praised him for the forward, relaxed canter and then asked him to trot.  Okay, then.

We quit on that note.  My back is still very painful.  I asked Winston to pick up the lunge whip for me because I can't bend over very well, and he just looked at me and laughed. 


Jackson watched the whole thing.  I think he was encouraging Winston. 

Brett got Flash out and they worked on Flash's stretching exercises. 


We had a warm, sunny day in the mid 70s.  In the late afternoon, clouds moved in.  
 

Happy Halloween everyone!  We had two trick-or-treaters this year.  Pretty pathetic.

8 comments:

  1. winston is a pistol when he wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! Stink eye indeed!
    Luurrvee his browband, though. Very handsome.
    Hope your back recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's time for your back to improve. Ha Ha, I just don't understand why Winston would not pick up the whip.
    Nice to see Jackson and Flash on this beautiful day (out there).

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the photo of Flash from the tail viewpoint. There's an Irish equestrian artist who has painted some horses from a similar aspect, Tony O' Connor, have a look at his stuff if you have a mind to.
    Winston seems to have been in an idle or flat-out frame of mind! Silly boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee funny how they can communicate their dislikes with a look huh? Winston is sure handsome though and can just hear what he said about picking up the whip "Go get a retriever Mom, I'm a HORSE". So lovely to see that shot with Brett and Flash, it really shows the connection the two of them have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he reminds me of a 15 year old boy.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winston has a very expressive face.
    Love that pretty browband.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!