Saturday, October 6, 2012

Flash Makes a Come Back

This morning Brett and I rode the horses around the block.  Flash started out slow (as usual) but not sore, not off, and happy.  When we turned the corner at the halfway point and were headed for home, he started stepping out.  Flash did great and we are feeling very optimistic.  Next Friday, we head up to the guest ranch we love so much and we are taking the horses.  I think Flash will do fine on the trail rides.  Brett plans to take it easy between now and  then, low stress rides and lots of walking. 

After our ride today, we ran around down the mountain doing errands.  We picked up my western saddle from the leather shop where I had dropped it off to have the skirts pulled out a bit.  They were pushing into Winston's sides a bit.  The saddle maker said that the way the saddle is made, he wasn't able to do anything about the skirt so we loaded it up and brought it back home.  I think if Winston loses a bit of weight, he will fit in the saddle fine.  He's turned into a chunky monkey so we are going to cut back slightly on his hay. 

We were tired when we got home this evening, so I threw a couple potatoes in the oven and Brett took a bison tri-tip down to the BBQ.  Simple dinner -- with a bottle of good wine.  No, no sillies.  We didn't drink the whole bottle - just enough to celebrate Flash's soundness.



7 comments:

  1. I say we drink to our soundness too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett...that must me that you two are doing as well as Flash. Good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Flash! If I understand correctly with arthritis movement is better for them, so I think your plan makes a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear - now don't forget maintenance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news and more wine tasting ahead, if the ranch is the one I think it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is something worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!