Friday, October 5, 2012

Fitness Friday

Annette
This week I lost half a pound.  Big whoopie.  That puts me back where I was before we went away on our wine weekend.  But, I have lost an inch around my boobs (sorry Brett) and my stomach feels firmer although it measures pretty much the same. 

Today, I tackled my wardrobe.  Back in the beginning of my career, I worked in a corporate environment that required a conservative, suit-heavy wardrobe.  When I moved to the hospital side of things, I gradually changed from suits to dresses and then to slacks and jackets.  Then our board hired a CEO who liked the idea of corporate casual so my wardrobe became less and less formal.  However, I just couldn't bring myself to give away all the corporate clothes.  We now have a CEO who wears a suit and tie every day and expects the same of his executive team.  Those clothes in the closet covered in dust?  No bueno.  If I could pull the skirts past my thighs, I couldn't zip them up.  Some of the clothes date back to when my kids (now 18 and 21) were babies.  So, I got to work.  I filled two large black trashbags for Goodwill.


I am going to rebuild my wardrobe with ideas from the Vivienne Files, my favorite fashion blog.  She puts together outfits that I love. 

Flash
Flash has started his anti-inflammatory medication and Brett has been working with him every day on the neck releases the chiropractor taught him to do.  Flash is moving well around the pasture.  We are going to try an easy ride around the ranch roads tomorrow and see how he is under saddle.  The chiropractor thinks, and our vet agrees, that with aggressive management of Flash's arthritis, Brett should be able to ride him for several more years.  And when he is eventually retired, he will live out his days here at Aspen Meadows.  Our animals all have forever homes.

Winston 
Winston gained huge benefit from his chiropractic appointment.  Yesterday, while I was at work, Brett told me that Winston was racing around the pasture for fifteen minutes nonstop.  He wasn't scared or acting up, he was just feeling good.  This morning when I rode him, he was like butter in my hands.  He hardly braced at all and when he did, I sent him forward or used my inside leg to get him to release.  I kept my hands very soft and quiet.  I asked for everything from my seat; up, down, all the way around.  He was an angel. 

Jackson 
Looking good.  Feeling good. 

Brett is doing better with his shingles.  He is only having a couple severe waves each day and made it through the entire night without pain killers. 

The weather is cooling off and I'm hoping we escape another heat wave before winter.  It got down to 43F last night.  Yes!!

6 comments:

  1. glad all of your boys are doing well. and glad you're purging your closet. isn't it sad that all those outfits we've saved 'in case' never seem to fit again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for everyone's progress! Poor Brett and Flash though, they have a ways to go still. Thinking of you all. Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a positive post! Things are lookin' good at Aspen Meadows. Glad to hear that Brett is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Brett`s doing better, and that you`ve lost ........what was it again? (chuckle!) Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news all the way around! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless Brett's heart...I know what he's going through ~ have had shingles twice ~ relentless, is the only word for them ~ :( ~ But good for you! Muscle weighs more than...you know ~ so you've probably lost more than you think (of that "f" word!)
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!