Thursday, December 6, 2012

Remember Bella?

Those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile know all about Bella, our little jumping goat.  If you scroll to the "cloud" of subject labels underneath my posts and click on Bella, you can read all about her.  In a nutshell, Bella was the sweetest and friendliest goat ever.  So friendly, she would jump out of the goat pen to be with people.  That would have been fine if she had stuck to visiting us but she started following people out on walks, going to the neighbors and looking in the windows - or walking in open doors, and visiting with workers on the road.  We were scared to death she would get hit by a car, or lost, or eaten.  The fence was high, she shouldn't have been able to jump it but she could and did.  Every day.  All day.  She was in, she was out, she was home, she was gone.  We were a worried wreck.

Fortunately, the breeder from who we bought her contacted me and offered to take her back.  We were sorry to see Bella go but happy that she would be safe.  She was far too special to meet a violent death.

Today, I received an email from the breeder.  Bella is living the good life in Northern California where she lives with a young girl who shows her in 4H.  She has done quite well.  The breeder sent me two pictures.  One is of Bella checking out the progress of the goat barn being built at her new home (with her owner in the background).  The picture is so Bella -- she routinely inspected our barn as well.
Watching Brett work in our barn.
Hanging out in her new barn.
 And, the big news is that Bella had triplets last night.  She had an easy delivery and is an excellent mama.  The babies are just too cute.  I commented that the one on the far right is very cute and was told he has the same spunky attitude as his mother.  ...so he probably jumps too.  :)

I'm so happy she found a good home.  She looks like she is thriving and I'm sure her new owner loves her to death.  How could she not?


14 comments:

  1. awww! congratulations, bella! what a great life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she's got a good new home - looks like she's doing very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do remember Bella...very well. Thank you for the update. I'm glad her delivery went well and I would LOVE to have one of those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Bella, you sweet mama! Looks like the new barn is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I've been wondering how Bella was getting on!
    That's lovely, it must be so nice to see her in a happy home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think i am tearing up here. Bella is all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful, I have been wondering from time to time about her. I had no idea she moved and had babies. All three are so adorable and so is she. Isn't it wonderful when an animal story ends well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I've always loved Bella. Good to see she's doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely and blessed post. Bella is still cuter than cute but those three babies are adorable! How nice they sent you an update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bella is cute as ever! It sounds like a perfect match for her with the new owner. Baby goats are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations x3 to Bella!

    Annette, sometimes I miss your posts because for some reason known only to blogger, they don't show up in my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh beautiful Bella and a new family that should keep her grounded for a while:) Well probably not they will all learn to escape. I truly miss my goats. I am so glad she is in a good safe place. B

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute they are.It's nice to know she's in good hands

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to hear that she is doing so well. And what cute babies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!