Thursday, December 27, 2012

Look Alikes

Have you ever noticed how dogs and their owners often look alike?  I think the same thing holds true for horses.  Take Brett and Flash for instance...

Actually, Brett's picture has changed slightly since Christmas.  I gave him that recliner he's sleeping in; he's only wanted one for the entire twelve years we've been married.  I figured it was time.  His daughters, Kerri and Jenni, gave him a new blanket with pictures of the grandkids on it.  Very cool!  Here he is on the phone thanking them.

He goes by Grandpa Mike -- for Mickelson.  His mom and dad started the Grandpa and Grandma Mike names.  Isn't that a cool gift?  Pictures of all seven grandkids are on there.

8 comments:

  1. i bet he loves his recliner! love the comparison pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - I fought Doug on the Lazy Boy for years :) They sure are comfy though. Must be something like shoes - as we get older comfortable shoes and chairs seem better and better!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brett! When I had my knee surgery we knuckled under and got me a black leather recliner...not something I ever wanted until then. It sure helped me sleep for the first couple of weeks...and continues to do so. Gary loves it too. Nice blanket. You look very comfy when you sleep. What kind of music do you listen to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, he's sleeping like a baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket AND recliner are great gifts - seriously! And looks like he's going to enjoy them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome gift! Hope you had a fab Christmas and a wonderful New Year to the Mickelsons from the Du Plooys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!