Friday, April 22, 2011

A Good Good Friday

Today was busy in a lazy sort of way.  I started my prep work for Easter -- tomorrow I'm going to be baking bread so I got the biga started and the wheat flour/milk soak in the refrigerator.  Then I made a rhubarb chutney that I will serve with the ham.  Taste testing by yours truly rates it two thumbs up!


Jackson has been walking better so I lunged him this morning.  He was fine at the walk but still off at trot so I told him he was a good boy and stopped after five minutes.  He was so happy to be out - met me at the gate when I went to get him and then walked to the arena with his head high and little snorts of excitement.  

I'm feeling like a slug since I can't ride (and the scale says I'm a big time slug) so after lunch I did some clean up in the garden and took Kersey for a walk.  Brett was out riding Flash on the ranch roads and we saw him when we were at the pond.  I called to them across the water and they waved back, turned, and left!  The nerve!  Brett apologized later - he thought I was someone else.  Hmmmm.  Failed to recognize his wife, his dog and his wife's voice.  Big time FAIL.  He feels awful.  Poor guy. 

Mid-afternoon we took a break on the viewing stand.  The horses were lazing about too.  It was that kind of afternoon.  You know, cock your hind foot and doze.



After our break, Brett went back to weed whacking and I rounded up the dogs.



We had lamb chops for dinner.  I thought that was appropriate for Good Friday (i.e., "You are the lamb that takes away the sins of the world").  Good wine.  No, excellent wine from Sonoma.  Um, drank the whole bottle.  Sorry about any typos...

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful meal. Like the idea of that chutney. Did my package arrive yet? It was only supposed to take 2 or 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your pony heals 100%! it is never fun to have a lame horse and yes, i gain weight when i am not riding too. blahhh! but your chutney looks so beautiful and the wine and bread looks like a perfect meal to me...have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I must remember not to come to your blog when I'm hungry. That bread looks amazing. Have you shared that recipe before?!

    Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chutney looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's kind of funny--maybe Brett needs glasses...and a hearing aid? Or maybe he was getting into some of that wine before you? LOL

    Oh, the chutney looks so good, as does your lamb dinner. I always get hungry reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!