Friday, November 4, 2011

Rainy Day Activities

What do you do on a cold, rainy day? 

I wasn't in a hurry to get up this morning.  It was dark, the rain gutters were talking, and the wind was blowing.  Besides, I figured it was time to start adjusting to the clocks being set back tomorrow.  Right?  We did finally make it down to the barn and despite wearing my hooded rain jacket, my hair and clothes were drenched by the time I finished mucking.
 
The wet clothes went in front of the fire to dry. 

I threw more wood on the fire and watched the rain coming down.

I played in the kitchen for awhile making tomato sauce from the last of my tomatoes.  I will use it in the chili I make for dinner tonight.  Brett loves guava juice but it is so expensive in the store that I rarely buy it.  Our yoga teacher gave us some guavas so I made Brett some juice. 

Then I stood by the fire and looked out the window some more.  The storm moved through in waves and the blustery breaks were very pretty.  While they lasted.  Which wasn't long.

I spent some time doing this:

and thought about doing this:

And tried really hard not to stuff my mouth full of these:


6 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful day, actually. skip the guava juice and go for the chocolates, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post. A journal of you day : ) I am also wondering what guava juice would taste like. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very productive! I like fireplaces and listening to rain.

    Had fresh guava juice in Hawaii. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't beat a good fire on a blustery day. I never have tried guava juice either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All in all a perfect day! Thank goodness all my Halloween candy is gone! I should be outside - it is a perfect sunny day here. Soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!