Wednesday, July 30, 2014

No Diving

On the road back home from Shaver Lake, Camille and I headed up the two lane highway out of the one-stop-sign town of Ione.  A few miles outside of the town, I pointed out my favorite road sign to Camille.  She read it, burst out laughing, and begged me to pull over so she could take a picture.  I watched her run back to the bridge, flip flops slapping the hot asphalt, take her pictures, then jog back to the car, diving into the air conditioned coolness -- it was 103F outside.

Brett had his appointment with the orthopedic surgeon today.  His knee replacement is scheduled for September 2nd.

Thank you to everyone who offered to send us rain.  I wish!  The fire season usually starts in August and is at its worst in September.  We've already had more fires this year than normal -- and we haven't even hit the bad months yet.  So, yes, rain would be most welcome!  We've had beautiful cloudy skies, stunning sunrises and sunsets, but no rain.  And we probably won't get rain until November... which is a long way off.

7 comments:

  1. Annette, Mary Ann over at Calamity Acres told me about your blog and said she thought we have a lot in common. I've spent a fascinated hour or so reading about all of your horses, and look forward to following. My horse is laid up right now; I hope we will be able to return to dressage but time will tell. My horse blog is www.boulderneighdressage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pair of signs is too dang funny!

    bless you in your drought conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a funny sign and worth the heat to get:) Thinking about Brett and praying you get rain. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for rain for you, and an end to the terrible fires!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle and welcome to my blog! I'm going to pop over and visit yours. Thanks for the comment and I look forward to getting to know you better. Mary Ann's blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say it is so dry, the rain evaporates before it reaches the ground. We had about 10 minutes of rain last week, I danced in it. Well, most people wouldn't call it dance, but still. Joyful!

    The Goldfinch got better, more magical, better writing and took a more caring turn around page 765. It would have been better at around 400 pages instead of close to 800. Not a bad book, so I suggest you read it and see how you like it. You may love it, many people did. I did not, but I finished it and I don't finish all the ones I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do wish CA could get some good rain. It just doesn't seem right that we have had so much this year. Great idea to not only get a photo of the sign, but of the dry creek as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!