Monday, July 7, 2014

Hot, Humid and Hurting

Honestly, I don't know how you people who live in humid climates stand it. I feel like a whiney wimp, and maybe I am, but doing chores in 90F weather with 50% humidity is pure misery in my book.

I am accustomed to relative humidity in the range of 10%, you know... California "dry heat." I like evenings that cool off, not nights where the air hangs heavy, warm and damp until dawn.

Brett is hurting today -- the soreness is always worse the day after you come off. His neck hurts, and his arm, his back, and his hip. He can barely make it up the stairs to bed and doing chores was definitely not in the cards today. I figure this is good conditioning for me since I'll have solo chore duty when he has his knee replaced.

I wouldn't mind if it weren't so dang hot and humid! And buggy. eww and ugh. I'm ready for autumn. Heck, I'm even ready for winter. Summer is definitely my least favorite season.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. You have my deepest sympathies....I can't stand high temps with lots of humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Brett! I hope he feels better soon.

    High temps with high humidity sucks!! It gets over a hundred with 70% humidity here for months on end in the summer... I just spend a lot of time indoors. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!