Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hot Weather Meals

We are in the midst of another heat wave with temperatures approaching triple digits and no relief until the end of next week when it dips down to 90.  I don't know about you, but I don't like cooking big meals when it is hot.

We've been living on fruit from the farmers market.

Rhubarb from the garden.

Salads.


And grilled everything: salmon, burgers, chicken, clams and mussels.


I'm not a big fan of summer heat but I am a huge fan of summer food.

3 comments:

  1. I've been eating a lot of fruit too. :) I've never had mussels before... I might have to try them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in on a few favourite blogs, and when I read the title of your post I had to read it. You always have great food posts and you didn't disappoint! Delicious and gorgeous meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a seafood fan at all, though my husband is... but we are eating tons of fruit right now!
    Your meals do look good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!