Monday, April 21, 2014

A Whole Lot of Squealing Going On

Brett let Flash, Jackson and Mufasa out of their pasture to roam around the ranch this morning.  The boys made a bee-line for Pistol's pasture.  They did some grazing, but mostly the boys arched their necks over her fence while Pistol squealed.  She's a flirt, that Pistol.


Flash, You're a gelding.  Put that thing away.  Brett said it was out all day.  Poor Flash.

When I got home from work I jumped on Pistol bareback and Brett jumped on Mufasa.  We rode for 20 minutes or so; just long enough.  Pistol is out of shape; Buffy hasn't had time to ride her since, oh, September I think she said.  Pistol was huffing and puffing after just a few laps at trot.  It was fun though.  There's nothing like riding bareback to help with balance.  I sat up tall and balanced with my core and not by gripping with my legs.

For those of you who asked about Pistol; in a nutshell - we are taking care of her for a few months while her owner (and our friend) Buffy travels and settles into her new home.  There's a lot going on in Buffy's life right now and not much time -- or riding space -- for Pistol.

After riding, I unpacked a package from my friend Terri in Virginia.  She and her husband have a wonderful B&B there.  Brett and I spent our honeymoon there.  It was perfect; beautiful, historic, wonderful food -- and a great friend.

Chocolate is love, right?

I opened the box and saw so much love, I got dizzy.

I ate a brownie before dinner and another afterwards.  Yum!

Thanks, Terri!

10 comments:

  1. Pistol is very pretty. The chocolate well what can I say I am drooling:)
    I am sure everyone is going to have fun getting to hang with each other. :) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to ride Pistol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pistol's gonna get in shape and you're going to eat chocolate. score! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second pic where they are grazing nose to nose and Flash is all "I loooves her so much"! And the other two are happily knee-deep in grass and could care less.

    Also I just tried to eat those brownies through my screen. I don't suppose Terri ships to Texas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Pistol squealing.. I would have been squealing at the chocolate goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is some Easter goody basket!! I need more friends like that. :)
    That is the kind of horse I've been missing for several years now - you know, the one you can just go get and jump on bareback or whatever, go for a nice ride, have fun and no worries. *sigh* My Missy mare is that way, but has navicular so needs her meds before much riding, and hopefully Eagle will get there. But not if I don't get to working on him! Wish I had the $$ to just send him to someone to put about a hundred trail rides on him...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flash seems . . . ahem . . . a bit over-excited by the visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name Pistol for a horse. It would have been fun to watch the boys act silly around her. And brownies are like 10 times better than candy! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!