Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day is Done

We have established an evening ritual.
I arrive home from work, change into jeans and join Brett ouside.
I top off the goat and donkey water, while Brett gets the horses and donkeys hay.


I muck the donkey pasture and feed the dogs.
Brett starts mucking the horse pasture.
I meet him there and we finish up together.


I go in the house and pour us each a glass of wine,
I might cut up some cheese, too.
Back outside, we have to decide:
Front porch?


Or under the oak tree?


I love how the sinking sun wraps the blue oak in the donkey pasture in a blanket of warmth.



7 comments:

  1. sounds like a new piece of heaven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you to are really getting your act together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choices, choices.... so difficult!
    ISn't it nice to settle into a routine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I want to sit on your porch?:) B

    ReplyDelete
  5. That new header shot is very ranch-y! ;D Sounds like you two are getting into a groove now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!