Thursday, July 25, 2013

Holding Our Breath

Its not over yet. The appraisal was due to our lender yesterday. It hasn't arrived yet. We are concerned that the appraiser is having difficulty finding comparable properties. There were a number of "issues" with the last appraisal, we are worried that they will surface again. The appraisal is what the purchase of Oak Creek hinges upon and it is what derailed the last deal.

In the meantime, my allotted time in corporate housing expired so yesterday Brett and I moved from the apartment in downtown Sacramento to a residence hotel in Folsom. It is midway between my office and the property. It is quiet at night -- no more trash trucks, emergency vehicles, banging trash cans and late night revelers outside the window. The hotel room kitchen consists of a microwave and a refrigerator so I won't be cooking much. We have maid service though so that more than evens things out in my mind. We will survive in our new temporary housing surrounded by boxes and bags of belongings until escrow closes.

Camille and I had a good time on our annual mother/daughter weekend.
We stayed in a tent, with real beds, in El Capitan Canyon north of Santa Barbara.


We hiked;


We played cards and roasted marshmallows for S'Mores;


We talked and laughed. We listened to rain tapping on our tent at night. Then we drove seven hours back to Oak Creek.


We had no Wi-Fi in our tent and the Wi-Fi in the apartment stopped working. --another benefit of hotel living: Wi-Fi that works so I can talk to all of you.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. fingers crossed on the new appraisal! lordy!

    and i know you must worry about your dogs a lot. i hope they're handling being kenneled for this long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Annette what can I say...
    I'm holding my breath here
    I'm glad you had a nice weekend with Camille to see you over the next few days. Hope Brett is coping !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend with your daughter. Everyone should do that once in a while.

    Fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly this time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you are having these problems with the appraisal. I hope it will all be taken care of soon. You weekend with you daughter sounds wonderful. Tents with beds, how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your Mother Daughter weekend sounds wonderful.
    Oh I do hope this gets settled it must be so hard, I cannot imagine it seems so very long. Hold in there it is going to workout. You are going to enjoy this place so much when all this is done and it will make for long interesting stories 40 years from now. Hold tight. Hug B

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!