Saturday morning Brett and I rode. Lucy seemed to be fully recovered from her stone bruise; playing in her usual exuberant way in the pasture since Wednesday.
Brett was anxious to get back on Mufasa and re-establish their connection. Brett's been on a waiting list to clinic with Mark Rashid in March. He got the word last night that he has a spot.
Unfortunately, Lucy was off still. She was perfectly sound at the walk and happy to trot right. However, she bobbed her head when tracking left and would not canter on that lead at all. So, we walked for a short while and then called it quits.
Brett had a good ride on Mufasa who was well behaved and responsive; if a bit out of shape. They'll have to work on the fitness thing before the clinic. Talk about motivation to get out and ride.
We'll give it another try next weekend, weather permitting. There is a slight chance of rain. If my ride gets rained out, I'm good with that. We need rain more than I need to ride.