Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Quiet Weekend

Saturday morning dawned clear, sunny and warm.  By late afternoon clouds were coming in and a breeze had picked up.  Overnight, we got an nano-smidge of rain.  This morning?  Spectacular. 

My daffodils are starting to pick up speed.  I have white, yellow and orange; big trumpets and small clusters, all in bloom. 



The peach tree, my first fruit tree to blossom, is competing with the daffodils for attention.

We experimented with leaving the stall run-in gates open today.  We are going to be on vacation next week and if it rains, we want the horses to have access to the barn without Israel (who will be watching the ranch for us) having to remember who goes where.  The horses had a great time playing hide and seek.
Winston, in Mufasa's stall

Flash, in Winston's stall.  Mufasa thinking about where to go next...
 The evening sky was spectacular.  Almost, almost, a Skoog worthy sky. 


 Have a good week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. glad you had a quiet weekend for once! horse's playing musical chairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still very jealous of your weather, flowers and beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last shot and wahhhhhhh I want flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had 18 degrees, high wind and snow all day. I'm not sure if I love your flower photos or just want to go put a pillow over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daffodils and blossoms! Lucky You!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, what The Dancing Donkey said. Except 11 degrees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!