Saturday, June 15, 2013

Where Do We Start?

Things are marching along with the sale of Aspen Meadows. All the inspections are done. The buyers have been easy to work with and they are ready to move in. Brett worked his tail off getting things ready for the appraisal and barn septic inspections and they went off without a hitch. His sciatic flared up so he's hobbling around but we don't need to worry about Aspen Meadows passing any more inspections. Hopefully, he'll rest and that nerve will simmer down.

Meanwhile, I've been making very un-ladylike goat noises and walking the floor until the wee hours of the morning. Brett told me to get my body into the doctor and, after yet another sleepless night, I went in last week. Lucky me. I have stones in my gallbladder and will need surgery. I don't have time for this. We are moving in a few weeks, I'm working on a big deal at work, and I don't have much time off coming to me yet. Grrr. The surgeon isn't able to see me until July 12th, and secretly I'm pleased -- as long as the pain doesn't get worse.

Thursday night, Brett flew up here to Sacramento for the inspection Friday on the property here. We're calling it Oak Creek Ranch. Today, we spent the day out there going through the house and walking the fence lines.



There is an unbelievable amount of work that needs to be done. The upstairs bathroom is leaking so that needs to be addressed first.




But the barn is amazing. Just amazing.

Dinner back in the apartment tonight. Trout, salad and baguette.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!