Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cayucos: Saturday Morning

Saturday morning, we weren't sure how we were going to spend the day since the forecast was calling for rain.  We headed downstairs to the restaurant for breakfast and discussed our options over fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, yogurt parfait with berries, torta, pork loin and chocolate muffins.  The food was amazing.



After breakfast we went for a walk.  The downtown is two blocks long so we walked both sides of the street and then out onto the pier.  It was overcast, but not raining.

Down the front porch steps, past the aquarium, and turning left towards town.

There are many murals, depicting the early history of the town.

I had never seen these before.  ??? Juniper berries maybe??  Cedar nuts???  I'm  at a loss...



I love these huge cypress trees. 






After our walk, we headed back to the inn and went for a long drive.  More on that in another post.

6 comments:

  1. It's all beautiful. You must have had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a town with a sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful!! I feel relaxed just browsing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt like I was there. You told a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mural is soooo gorgeous!!!! I've always wanted a full wall mural in my house. Too bad I can't paint. Sigh.

    Great photos. Sounds like an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!