Sunday, November 3, 2019

Retired

Friday I retired.  The past few years have been consumed by long hours, a long commute, and a constant state of exhaustion.  Enough, I said.  Time to enjoy this beautiful ranch, the animals, my garden, and my kitchen.  Brett said “Glory hallelujah; help with the chores!”

So, we had a party — in the barn.  What could be more appropriate, right?

We had sunshine and golden leaves, pumpkins and acorns, and an autumn chilly evening.

The barn filled with family and friends, and I was immersed in laughter, country music and champagne.  It was the perfect way to celebrate the next chapter of my life — the one where I get to ride my horses, train my puppy, bake bread and hike and garden... (and muck pastures in the freezing rain and snow).

Afterwards, we all felt like this...

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I look forward to LOTS of posts from my pioneer woman friend. Enjoy your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have missed your blog and receipes! Can't always remember to check instagram, though I did see the puppy pictures. Was wondering how close the fires are ... The Santa Ana winds have been quite fierce this year.

    M in NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi M, Fortunately the fires did not get close to us this year and we only had a few days with drifting smoke. I plan to spend a lot of time in the kitchen so recipes will definitely be in the mix.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. It will be wonderful for you. And while you may be mucking out frozen pastures you won't be driving on frozen roads. So there's that.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy retirement! I have been retired 4 months now and it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see if I can leave a comment. I love parties in barns and I'll bet yours was a great one. Look forward to tuning in to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That’s wonderful news! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!

    Congratulations to you on your retirement, and to us, your readers, for getting you back. This is a wonderful surprise - you were missed!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on retiring! Missed reading about your horsie gardening and cooking adventures. So glad to see you are back here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!