Friday, May 22, 2015

Random Friday

1.  The chicken who suffered the bloody neck is doing well.  We will leave her in the dog crate for a few more days, until her feathers start growing back.  In the meantime, she is eating and drinking and laying eggs.

2.  Mufasa has been fine since his last meltdown.  He is happy to have Brett approach and run his hands over his neck and back.  We think the comments about PTSD sound pretty accurate for Mufasa.

3.  Jackson and Pistol were doing some heavy petting in the pasture yesterday.  Brett reported that they were locking lips and giving each other massages.  He said Lucy was off on the other side of the pasture, shaking her head in disgust.

4.  We didn't get any riding in this week because we've had rain.  Yay!  Not a lot, but a couple brief episodes of light rain in the evening.

5.  I'm thinking about entering one of the InterDressage shows next month.... anyone else been tempted?  I just have to get Brett to video tape me riding a test and then send it in -- no trailering into a barn, hanging around all day, dealing with show nerves.  It sounds tempting to me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I understand about the dressage show thing but it might be a good place to get some feedback.

    I like to show so I'm biased towards going- even if it is exhausting and sometimes nerve wracking. It does show you where the holes are. :)

    glad that Mufasa is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're getting rain, and I need to read backwards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!