Monday, May 11, 2015

From the Front Porch

I hope all you mothers out there had a wonderful Mothers Day.  I spent mine at a peony farm in the morning and in the garden -- planting the peonies I couldn't resist -- in the afternoon.  There was a sprinkling of wine tasting thrown in on our drive home and lunch at one of my favorite restaurants.  My favorite Mother's Days were the ones when the kids were still at home and they made me breakfast, complete with a menu and flowers on the table.  Still, I can't complain about yesterday.  It was a lovely day.

I sat on the front porch and unpacked my new camera.  I bought a Canon Powershot -- one step up from my point and shoot that died.  This camera is larger, so it won't fit in my pocket, but it has more functions to play with.  I practiced taking a picture of the roses spilling over the porch rail in the corner by the swing.


Then Brett came out and tried taking pictures of the pasture and front driveway.  It's the porch view, if you will.



And for dessert tonight I made my favorite -- rhubarb blackberry crisp.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new camera! but that dessert! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a peaceful Mother's Day, and that's the best kind! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!