Sunday, March 15, 2020

Cabin Fever

A huge storm moved in yesterday.  We brought the horses into the barn, loaded up on library books, and prepared to hibernate.  Yesterday afternoon and overnight, we had a deluge of rain interspersed with hail.  This morning the rain continued, with some slushy icy bits mixed in for good measure.

We spent the morning inside, by the fire, with our books.  While I worked on my Master Gardener exam, Sage sat with me and chewed on a toy.  I’ve never had a lap dog before and it certainly wasn’t what I expected when we got her.  I’m not at all complaining.  Snuggles are a good thing.

At noon, Brett let the dogs out when he went out to feed.  I pulled my back out of whack putting wood on the fire this morning, so I stayed on the couch.  Brett came back in but the dogs stayed out.  I could see them back by our pile of shredded bark, busy with something.

A couple hours later, they showed up at the door wanting to come back inside.

Brett toweled them off as best he could and now they are drying in their crates.  They had far too much fun in the mud to be lap dogs for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable, particularly when muddy. It sounds like you had such a cozy day. Your storm is on its way down to our town. Rain and snow is expected later today. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A muddy dog is a happy dog. I have to say that your home looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks — I have to say that I love, love, LOVE how cozy this house is.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!