Saturday, February 1, 2020

Practicing Agility: Week One

I bought a few pieces of agility equipment so Sage and I can practice at home in between our lessons.    I work with her for about 15 minutes in the afternoons and when she sees me walking towards the arena, she races ahead and does a few things on her own, just for the fun of it.

She nailed jumping quickly.  Kersey follows us around, but doesn’t participate other than looking for treats that Sage might have missed.



The ramp was a little scary for her at first but she loves it now.  She is good about pausing at the end — she has to finish with her paws on the green area so I give her a treat there to ensure that she slows down before leaving the ramp.

The tunnel was a piece of cake.  I bought the tunnel when we first brought her home, almost a year ago, so it isn’t new.  The weave poles are the most difficult.  I have them set up with the poles leaning out, forming a “V” so she can learn to go through.  Eventually, I will add more poles and straighten them up.

The only one not happy about agility training is Tex.  He runs laps when Sage runs through the tunnel.  Silly spooky horse.


5 comments:

  1. What a good girl. She clearly loves it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun for both of you. And Kersey too, finding treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! My dogs love the tunnel too. Where did you get the ramp as I'm interested in getting one of those as well? Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got he ramp on Chewy.com and it is made by Trixie and is German made. I’ve been very happy with it. It was easy to assemble and is sturdy.

      Delete
  4. Great thanks I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!