1. My favorite post of the week comes from A Work in Progress -- even though Shannon and Spider ride at third level (some day, please God), they still work on keeping those basics solid. In this particular post, Shannon talks about the importance of riding every step. I found myself nodding in agreement (and smiling) the whole way through this post.
2. You may have noticed that I don't post much during the week. By the time I get home from work, my brain is jello. I typically make dinner and then crawl on the couch with my iPad, playing mindless games like Spider Solitaire. In answer to Lori's question, yes, I do still like my job. Very much.
3. Sedona did not kill the neighbor's chicken. Phew.
4. Autumn has been splendid this year. The light glows in the evenings and the trees are crimson, sulfur and flame. Rain came three weeks later than normal, giving the trees time to develop more color. I've been told by locals not to expect this every year. I consider the splendid display a housewarming gift of sorts.
5. Our new kitchen cabinets were delivered today. The garage is full of big boxes marked "Alder with coffee stain." Let the chaos begin! (Monday).