Friday, September 18, 2015

Random Friday

1.  The Butte fire is now 60% contained and the smoke has left our little ranch.  We are thankful.  The weather has been cool all week, although temperatures will be quite warm this weekend.  Hopefully, that will be the last of the hot weather.  I plan to ride Lucy tomorrow morning.

2.  We will see how the ride goes tomorrow.  I'm quite sure she is in heat.  Last night while I was mucking her pasture she was in a very snarky mood; coming close, then turning and running off while bucking and kicking out.  She wasn't close enough to put me in any danger; just close enough to make a statement.  She wanted dinner NOW; she wanted a massage NOW; she wanted me to go into the house and get her an apple -- or at least fill my pockets with cookies.  I was clearly failing my duties in her eyes.
Excuuuuse me!  Where is my dinner?!  You humans are so slow.

3.  For those of you who like my posts about food: I've started posting photos of our "working woman weeknight dinners" on Instagram.  I don't have the energy to create a post here (I don't have much energy after work) after dinner and a glass of wine.  If you are interested, you can find them on Instagram - under amickelson601.

2 comments:

  1. Humans can be so unreliable!

    Glad the fire is not bearing down on you, and the smoke is clearing. Hope you have a wonderful ride - happy weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blame it on me Lucy. I don't move too fast, and my boys come first.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!