Sunday, September 17, 2017

Friends

Flash and Tex have become very good friends.

They are always together in the pasture; often sharing the same bin of hay.

Tex, in particular, is very bonded to Flash.  When Brett rides Flash or, like yesterday, takes Flash to a clinic for the day, Tex is completely undone.  He calls and paces the fence line, whinnying to every truck and trailer that drives down the road.

Flash is a very independent horse.  He likes Tex but he doesn't need Tex in the same way that Tex needs him.  When I take Tex out of the pasture, he hardly looks up.  But, Flash does share food and space with Tex in a way that he doesn't do with other horses.

Its good to have close friends.  I know that I've needed my friends and family this past summer, more than usual.  I suppose I'm like Flash in regard to my friends.  I am okay by myself, but I love my time with them as well.  And, as I went through all the testing and biopsies and surgeries that go with ruling out cancer, I was very thankful for my friends and family.  I dodged that bullet, thank goodness.  A big thank you to those of you who knew, and who called, sent messages and had my back.  It was a scary time for me and Brett.  Moving forward now.

8 comments:

  1. Friends are critical. I did not know what you were going through but had noticed that you were 'quieter' in blogland. I am so happy that it was benign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was quiet. I didn't have the energy to do much of anything other than sit in my garden and watch the birds.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you passed through that storm surrounded by friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were dealing with a cancer scare. I'm happy for you that it wasn't. Yes, good friends and family are critical in our dark moments. ❤️ Life becomes much more simple, in some ways, after a crisis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the clarity something like this gives to your priorities. --and those priorities are pretty simple, as you said.

      Delete
  4. So very glad you are on the mountain top and no longer in the valley of the unknown. Certainty is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you had a great support system while going through something so scary!
    My aunt had cancer, so I am always worried about it.

    What is that funny nose-wrinkled look that Flash has in the first photo?! It makes me laugh! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to hear that you have a great support system in place, and even happier that at this moment it looks like you will not need them to help you get through a prolonged illness! Great news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!