Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Sage tells Tex Where to Go

 Yesterday as I walked down the driveway to get the mail at 2pm, I noticed that Sage and Kersey were busy trying to get a squirrel from under the logs in the oak pasture.


I could hear the squirrel squeaking angrily all the way from the driveway.  The dogs didn’t look up when I came back up the driveway with the mail.  They were intent.


At 4:30 I went back outside and the dogs were still intent on their squirrel.  The horses were standing in the corner of the pasture, by the front gate, watching the occasional car drive by.  Tex left the group and wandered over to see what the dogs were doing.  He stretched his nose down between the squeaking logs.

Sage stood on the other side of the log and launched into Tex.  “Get away! That’s my squirrel! Stop being so nosy! GO AWAY!!!”  

Tex eventually ambled away and Sage resumed her position in front of the log.  By 6:00, Kersey was done.  


She just laid in the dirt panting.  Sage kept at it.  She was 30 minutes late for dinner; and she’s never late for dinner.  When it was time to come in the house for the evening, she was late for that too.  We had to go out and get her.  Normally, she’s waiting at the door.  It must have been one heck of a trophy squirrel.  ...and she never did get it.


2 comments:

  1. I have been so bad this summer about sitting down and reading blogs, because I still use a desk top computer. I want you to know that I always enjoy reading yours... I read it when you were at Aspen Meadows, and I love all your animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Ann, It’s great to hear from you! I’m not very good about keeping up with blogs either. I enjoy seeing your posts on Instagram. :) Hope you are doing well and staying safe during these crazy times.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!