Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Hungry, So Hungry

About a month ago, Sage went to the vet for her annual check-up and vaccinations.  The vet said she was in good health, other than be quite overweight.  I knew she was a bit chubby but he said she needed to lose eight pounds or so and that’s a lot for a medium size dog.  A few days later we had agility class.  Sage struggled with one of the jumps; a broad flat jump.  She trotted across it instead of jumping and, despite trying a number of times, just couldn’t do it.  I talked to the instructor after class to get some tips on how to help her with the jump.  The instructor said that she couldn’t do the jump because she was too fat.  So, poor Sage has been on a diet.  I can’t quite feel her ribs yet but she has lost weight.  The agility trainer suggested adding canned pumpkin to her food as it is full of fiber and will help her feel full on her reduced portion of dog food.

She’s still hungry.  She’s been eating horse manure (puppy pesto, our vet called it) and anything she can catch.  Poor thing.  I think we’re getting close to her target weight although I’m not too keen on taking her into the vet to get weighed.  ...I’m not sure that is an essential service.  Sage is sure it’s essential.  She wants to be done with this diet already.

In other news, our farrier is in isolation after being exposed to COVID19. He is scheduled to come out next week.  I’m hoping his 14 days are up by then.

On the weekend, our microwave stopped working.  We have a combo oven and microwave unit so when the technician said he needed to take it into the shop for a “good week,” I felt a wave of panic.  Since its a combo unit, I am now without my microwave and my oven.  It’s a good thing I was a baking fool last weekend.  We have bread in the freezer and cake on the counter so we should be okay.  I can work around the lack of an oven with the BBQ and stovetop, but what a pain.

Have any of you done paint-by-number?  I thought I’d try it since I can’t get books from the library on my Kindle.  They are all checked out.  Do any of you have that problem?  We have a very small library so I’m wondering if that is the issue.  Anyway, I got my first PBN kit today and started.  So much fun!


1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting!