Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dinner worthy of Wine

Before I left my job last week, I was given a wonderful bottle of cabernet by a friend and co-worker.  I told him that I would make a dinner worthy of the wine this weekend.

I picked up some delicata squash at the market, as well as Point Reyes blue cheese.  I had an idea for a salad in the back of my mind.  I roasted the squash until it was soft and camelized, then drizzled it with honey balsamic vinegar.  I topped it with sliced apples, the blue cheese, chopped almonds and a drizzle of local honey. 

Saturday afternoon, we went to the local butcher and picked up chateaubriand.  I made a wine sauce to go with it (no, I did not use the special wine -- it was decanting on the counter, waiting for dinner).

I rounded out the meal with baked potatoes.

Dinner paired beautifully with the wine.  We drank the entire bottle; it was that good. 

4 comments:

  1. I had missed your earlier post about changing jobs. Congratulations! I hope your new one is a positive addition to your life. What a wonderful dinner and compliment to that wine. Yum! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the wine. Let's keep in touch.
    Carol Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An American in TokyoOctober 23, 2017 at 6:58 PM

    How do you cook your beef so beautifully?!
    I always end up either too rare or overcooked.
    Please let me in on your secret!!!

    By the way, the salad looks beyond delicous!!!

    I'm not a wine drinker, but the dinner looks like it would be fit for a king! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!