Saturday, January 20, 2018

Clear and Cold

We are finally getting some rain.  Today, we have one day of icy cold sunshine before the next storm arrives. 

Tex was feeling very frisky this morning; leaping forward, striking playfully, and romping across the frost coated grass.

Pistol has the sweetest expression -- sort of, "why, hello there.  I'm happy to see you." 

Lucy is sweet in her own princess sort of way too.  But its more like "Scratch my back, and I'll consider scratching yours.  But in the meantime, don't you dare touch -- or even look at -- another horse."

Once the ice thawed a bit, the birds enjoyed my new bird bath (Christmas gift from Brett). 

Another cold night tonight, then the rain returns tomorrow morning.  I'm going to bake bread and make a pot of soup.  What do you like to do on rainy days?

2 comments:

  1. They sound like lovely days. I love that bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to turn on the fire (wish I could start a real one, but we have a gas fireplace 😭) and play my guitar. It looks like we’re having similar weather to you, but I know spring comes sooner where you’re at. We’re experiencing a heat wave with temps in the 40s. Very unusual. Enjoy your bread and soup! Sounds cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!