Saturday, November 11, 2017

From One Injury to the Next

I keep telling myself that I will be back to riding at as soon as my foot heals (done), my boob heals (almost done) ... and now, as soon as my rotator cuff heals. 

Fortunately, its my left shoulder so I can drive.

Typing?  Hunt and peck.

And pain meds like clock work.  One week since injury and still in pain.  Lordy.  I am so done with this pain.

Of course, I am also in the one month period between when my old health coverage ended and my new coverage will begin.  I could buy it through COBRA, of course, but for the $750 I'll self treat. 

I love my new job so that's a good thing.

We had our first fall rain last week and the ground is starting to green up.

The animals are all doing well.

And Brett is cooking dinner -- since I get home late and its pretty hard to cook with one arm.  He's doing great. 
Some very tasty Korean rice cake dish that came in our weekly SunBasket box.

Life is still good, overall.

14 comments:

  1. Oh no! How did you injure yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I was doing something exciting but I was awkwardly reaching/stretching into the back seat of my car to get my bag. Don't do it.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You need to catch a break! Too bad about the health insurance, but it's great that you love your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your recovery is uneventful and that your pain subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing much better. I got a lot of rest on the weekend and that combined with wearing a sling really helped. It still hurts, but I have limited range of motion (very limited) and less pain now.

      Delete
  4. Hope you will feel better soon. Enough is enough when it comes to pain. Good you like your new job, which knew nothing about (since I have been absent from blogging). Finally, I love your veranda, I love your house. It is so pretty. No rain here, but overcast today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't blog about it too much -- I try to keep the blog focused on the ranch. In a nutshell, I was miserable and made a change. I'm much happier now.

      Delete
  5. I seem to miss everything. Boob?? Hope the pain will pass. No opioids! Love the photos. Can't get enough of seeing your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "suspicious" areas ultimately resulted in a lumpectomy. The pathology results all came back normal so it was good in the end.

      Delete
  6. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that, but winter is coming up and maybe it will give you time to rest up. I have had my share of health issues this year, too. Here's to a healthy 2018 for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are healed up soon! Maybe it's just the time of life when someone is trying to tell you to take it easy. So take it easy! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!