Friday, November 13, 2015

Random Friday

1.  The storm earlier this week was a good cold one.  Enough snow fell in the Sierras that many of the ski resorts were able to open.  We were on the cusp of getting snow at our place, with temperatures in the high 30s.  We did get a significant amount of rain.  So far, we are at 85% of normal rainfall for the season -- a good start.  And, there is another storm coming through this weekend -- another cold one with heavy rain.

2.  I was able to finish planting my 500 daffodil bulbs before the rain started last weekend.  I have planted 500 daffodils each fall since we moved into the house -- we are going into our third season.  I completed the circle around the front lawn and put the rest in my garden and around the tree where we scattered Sedona's ashes.  My favorite flower and my favorite dog together; it seems appropriate.

3.  The chickens have not laid an egg in a week.  heavy sigh

4.  Last Sunday, Brett and I rode before the storm let loose.  It was overcast and cold, with a bit of wind.  Lucy was full of energy but well behaved.  Pistol worked in a beautiful frame and was happy (and fit enough) to do a lot of trot and canter work.  Her trot was particularly nice to watch.  As we took the horses back to their pasture afterwards, scattered drops fell.  By mid-afternoon, we had moved all the horses into barn.

5.  We will be spending this weekend in Yosemite; celebrating our 15th anniversary.  We had such a good time there last year that we decided to go again.  Yosemite is 3 1/2 hours south of us -- and Lake Tahoe is an hour east.  The drive to Yosemite is beautiful; no freeways, just a country highway winding through the Sierra foothills before climbing up into the mountains and then dropping into Yosemite Valley.  We are fortunate to live close to two of the most beautiful places on this earth.

2 comments:

  1. Life is good! I do so enjoy your writing. Let me know when you come out with your first book. Do you still write poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting rain. Happy Anniversary! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!